Monday, July 7, 2014

Infinity dress

When we moved here we did not bring sewing machine with ourselves. But I wanted to sew something! I was not brave enough that time to create complete hand sewing project, so wanted to make something simple, with only couple of seams. Thus my choice was Infinity dress

Pamukkale_fin

I acquired  rayon fabric which is very popular in this area, sew those two seams and stayed before choice of hand-stitching meters of edges! Well, this is not something I like too much and I decided to create endings using crochet (this is very popular in this area too, although my crocheting skills are much, much worse than those which local women have!)

I used pattern from Boutique knitting magazine for the skirt and improvised small version of this pattern for all other sides.

infinity_detail_1

infinity_detail_2

So what about variations? Plain rayon is not elastic, therefore I use only limited set of them: only those, which can fit me secure and don't interrupt movements at the same time. Here are two my favorites:

infinity_1 front
And few details for the second look:
back side

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! Since you use English here let me use this language as well) Hello from Season! I remember you and your projects in the Vintage thread)
It's great you didn't stop sewing without the machine -I wish I were so brave!So, as far as I understand, you made the seams by hand? If so and the metres of crochet -you are a heroine!I like this dress very much - it matches your complexion and fits perfectly. Good job!

svetasmirnova said...

Hi Olga! Nice to meet you at the blogger! And thank you very much for the compliments.

Actually this was short period when I was without a machine and this dress has only two seams, so nothing difficult. It takes more time for me to publish pictures than to sew =)