Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Dark blue shawl

I am in love with wool fabrics usually used to sew costumes for men: they are very responsible to iron, easy to clean, cool and at the same time warm enough to wear during whole year. I am also like to use unconventional materials. So when I had a piece of fabric, left from my trousers, I decided to make a project which is not typical for it: a shawl.

But simple hemming can look boring and I decided to place embroidery on my feature shawl. Embroidery should not be technically difficult, because I did not want to spend years on these one and half meters of the fabric, so I drawn curvy lines and chose very simple chain stitch which presents on many folk embroidery pieces and can be sewn using either a needle or crochet hook. I decided to use crochet.

scarf_2

I did not use embroidery hoop to achieve folding effect. Ending for this shawl is very easy: crocheted arcs and fringe.

No comments: