Saturday, March 15, 2014

Lace blocked top with beaded straps

I can be very sentimental. And ready-to-wear cotton top, made in color blocking style which I acquired years ago was still my favorite cloth even after its straps stretched and fabric became so thin, that it had few holes in several places. But even sentimental persons say "good bye" to their lovely things. So did I, but before I copied a pattern and decided to re-implement it in.

I could sew same top, but it would be to easy to just copy without thinking! And I decided to knit. Knitting allows to choose not only color, but also a pattern of the fragment. I choose two lace patterns, stockinet stitch for the top of the front, still only color and called this technique "lace blocking".
Front shows two patterns: lace and stockinette stitch, third one is on the side:
On the back I used same lace pattern as on the bottom of the top. Back part of the straps made from bead.
And, finally, three views: front, back, beaded straps, - of the top itself, without me inside =)

No comments: