Monday, August 25, 2014

How to make single welt pocket

Season is certainly my favorite source of inspiration. That time I wanted to make white summer trousers using slightly transparent fabric from Mood's bag. Since the fabric is transparent everything inside should be perfect. So I was searching for a tutorial how to make that wonderful pockets with all edges sewn inside which usually belong to menswear. There are a lot of tutorials around, but their authors simply use serger to finish edges. This was not what I wanted.

Only topic about really accurate pocket which I found was this one. But it contained a question, but not the answer. I carefully read all comments, made additional research, found few antique books, but all instructions were incomplete. So I collected experience and created my own.

Tutorial is available at SlideShare Captions are both in English and Russian. Enjoy!

No comments: